Annapolis Visitors Center
Joint venture with Symmetry First Architects
The circa 1760 house and the 1970's era contemporary addition behind it houses Bureau staff and provides a Visitors Center that welcomes over 175,000 guests a year. In joint-venture partnership, T. Averill Architect. and Symmetry First designed an expansion and renovation. The project included a 1,400 square foot addition, the rearrangement of interior space to separate the Visitors Center use from the administrative office use, and upgrades of all facility systems and interior finishes.
Approvals for the addition and renovations were secured from the Historic Preservation Commission of the City of Annapolis and the Maryland Historic Trust.